Saturday, July 14, 2012

Something Missing...

I am loving my life right now. Work is busy, but that is how it goes sometimes. There is no reason to get down about that because well it will slow down eventually. I have learned to just go with the flow. Mainly because I can't fix it so I just make the best of it. 

I am loving being married to Dan. I love going through life with him. He is a great partner. He understands what makes me tick-- which is a huge thing because I don't know what makes me tick. He also enjoys me when I am doing absolutely nothing. This is just the best thing because this is how I know he loves me. I am writing this in my pjs and unshowered (meaning glasses & greasy hair) and just a few minutes ago he told me that he loved me. I asked why and he replied "Because you are sitting over humming. You are just so cute and happy.". How cute is that? He also took me on a date last night. He asked me to go on a date earlier in the week. I love that he missed me and felt the need to actually ask me to go on a date. Work has been busy for the both of us and we haven't seen each other much lately. It was wonderful getting special treatment. :)

I also had a wonderful visit this week from my dear friend Christina(aka Stino) and her beautiful daughter Addie. It was a short visit with Addie because she loves to sleep. She is just the cutest little girl and I am so excited to be part of her life. She is now crawling and is sporting the cutest little sprout of a pony tail. She has beautiful big blue eyes that look around with such curiosity and  she has such a sweet smile. It was such a joy to see her. She does bring joy to me which is perfect since her name is Addison Joy. :) I also thoroughly enjoyed my visit with her mommy. It has been awhile since we have seen each other. You see for a year we lived together which was great because we got to talk every day. But then she got married. Then I got married. Then we lived 45 minutes apart -- which isn't that far, but when you both work 40 hours a week and have a husband you just run out of time. But then Stino and Sam had this beautiful little girl and now we have another reason to see each other more often. Stino and I are very different-- I love meat and she is a vegetarian. I could sit in the house all day with the curtains shut and she loves to be outside and needs the sun. The list goes on, but some how we work as friends. Which is great because she is an AWESOME friend to have. She cares so deeply for her friends and I am grateful for her friendship. 

Well, until next time...

1 comment: