Friday, March 9, 2012

Vacation: Day Seven

Day Seven

Well, it is Friday. But not a typical Friday because I am still on vacation. Although I see it coming to an end very soon. We have a very jam packed weekend. Tomorrow my family comes to town. Well, actually I am bringing them to the airport so they can go to Florida for their family vacation. It is the first one without me since I am now a married woman with my own family. It is weird to think that I have my own family even though it is just me and husband. But that is what we are and I LOVE IT. He makes me so happy and drives me crazy. Just like a family does. :) My mom also said it is weird to plan a vacation without me because I always voice what I want to do on vacation there is no guessing. But my brothers don't always voice what they want and so my mom is left to guess what they actually want to do. I am going to miss going on vacation with them. However, I take on a different personality when I go on vacation with my family. I become a very moody version of myself-- extreme highs and lows which is odd for a girl who is typically rather even keeled. I hope they have a great time  because I did on my first family vacation without them. It is a bittersweet thing. But growing up is just that... bittersweet. 

Then I have a girls night tomorrow night. Which should be fun, but I don't really relax well. So we will see how that turns out. I get very anxious about these kinds of things and very self conscious.  I have lots of thoughts running through my hear "Is my outfit cute enough?" "I should be working out harder." "Am I too sarcastic?" "Why am I so serious?" "Why can't I just relax?" "What is husband doing?" and blah blah blah. 

After, those two activities. We are hosting lunch at our place on Sunday for his parents, sister and her husband. We are making Potato Soup which we made today just to make sure it was okay. It was good. I was nervous because I have never made soup from scratch. I feel a lot of pressure to be perfect for his family. No one has put this pressure on me-- I put it on myself. It's just that his mom is very much the bakes you treats and cooks great food. But she also is a full-time teacher who volunteers and does so many extra things. His sister also really enjoys to cook, bake, and host events and her house. I just don't quite fit the mold. But he did not marry me because I fit that mold. But I still feel like I have to impress them every time.

Back to what happened on Day Seven

* I oddly enough woke up at 6:30am which is odd since I stayed up watching Friends until about midnight. I should have been more tired, but instead I just stayed in bed watching husband sleep. :)

* Then we got up at like 8 and had a light breakfast. I did some cleaning around the apartment.
* We went to the gym. Then we did some Just Dance on the Wii while making the Potato Soup.

*Then I finished cleaning the apartment-- well kind of there are still somethings that have to be done. Since I feel the need to impress my  house needs to be spotless,

* For the rest of the night we had alone time. He paid bills and watched survival shows. I watched One Tree Hill and painted. It was nice. But I miss him when we have alone time even though he was just in the other room. I love him so much that during my alone time I always find myself thinking about my husband. I think about why I love him and how good it is to be married to him.

So I am sad that my vacation is coming to an end. But I decided tonight that husband and I need to have a little more fun in our lives and enjoy life a little more every day. Hopefully, we can make that happen because I don't want life to pass us by without us really taking the time to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment